- Grammer showcasing current bus portfolio in Brussels from October 07 - 12
- MSG 90.7 driver seat comes with updates in comfort and operation
- Sustainably innovative: Ubility One reshapes passenger compartments in buses
Grammer AG, October 06, 2023 – From October 07 -12, Grammer will present its current range of driver and passenger seats for buses at Busworld 2023 in Brussels. In addition to an update of the popular MSG 90.7 driver seat, the leading manufacturer of commercial vehicle seats will also showcase the Ubility One passenger seat family at booth 960 (Hall 9). All three seat models - Ubility Light, Ubility Air, Ubility Shift - surprise with unusual design, innovative lightweight construction, consistent design for circular economy and aha effect when taking a seat.
“As the oldest and largest trade fair for buses and coaches, Busworld is the perfect platform for us to present our latest driver and passenger seats to an expert audience,” explains Thomas Schleuchardt, President Division Commercial Vehicles, Grammer AG. “With the combination of the enhanced MSG 90.7 driver seat and the Ubility One seating concept, we cover the entire bus and offer innovative solutions for the challenges of urban passenger transport.”
Customer wishes fulfilled – updated driver seat MSG 90.7
Since its premiere at the IAA 2022, the MSG 90.7 driver seat has been very well received and its latest version will be on display at Busworld. This version has been revised based on customer surveys and scores with improved controls in a new design and an MPS (Mobilization Pelvis Spine) function that mobilizes the pelvis and spine. These updates offer a significant comfort plus, contribute to maintaining the bus driver's back health and keep him fit even during long periods of sitting.
Three passenger seats, one concept – Grammer Ubility One
Grammer is rethinking the passenger area of buses with the Ubility One seat family, which consists of three completely different seat models: Ubility Light, Ubility Air and Ubility Shift.
- The Ubility Air comes closest to the image of a conventional passenger seat, but consistently focuses on lightweight construction and consists only of an outer and an inner shell that are connected to form a highly stable air-cushion structure. Aha effect: comfortable seat feeling without any upholstery at all.
- The Ubility Shift is first a next-generation solution for standing and leaning, but when body pressure is applied, the upholstered part slides down and unfolds a small seat surface with the help of a new kinematic system.
- The Ubility Light can be used in both directions without conversion, as its ultralight aluminum frame is covered with a durable knitted fabric. It is particularly suitable for flexible use in high-traffic indoor areas.
Grammer AG, headquartered in Ursensollen, Germany, is active in two business segments: Grammer develops and supplies high-quality interior and operating systems as well as innovative thermoplastic components for the global automotive industry. For trucks, trains, buses, and off-road vehicles, Grammer is a full-service provider of driver and passenger seats. Currently, Grammer AG employs around 14,000 people in 19 countries worldwide, with sales of around 2.2 billion euros in 2022. Grammer shares are listed in the Prime Standard and traded on the Munich and Frankfurt stock exchanges as well as via the Xetra electronic trading system.
Download Press Information
Download Photo 1
Download Photo 2